November 11 – 15
(Registration is closed)
There’s no better place for retreating than Shipshewana, Indiana. Nestled in Indiana Amish country, it’s the perfect place to relax, recharge and retreat. We’re excited to invite you to the Shipshewana Quilt Retreat!
The February retreat (Wednesday – Sunday / 5 days of stitching time) is our after the holidays getaway. The famous Shipshewana Pajama Sale takes place the first Saturday in February and we’re there to enjoy all the great deals.
The April retreat (Wednesday – Sunday / 5 days of stitching time) is our welcome to spring. The flowers begin to bloom and we have lots of time to spend with old friends and make new ones too. There might be some optional classes depending on the retreat schedule but even if you take a class, you’ll still have plenty of time time to work on whatever project you want, have time for pie and shopping too.
The August retreat (Wednesday – Sunday / 5 days of stitching time) is the perfect chance for some summertime stitching while enjoying the Shipshewana Antique Festival taking place while we’re there. There aren’t any classes offered so you’ll get lots of time to work on whatever project you want, have time for pie, shopping and just enjoy all Shipshe has to offer.
The November retreat (Wednesday – Sunday / 5 days of stitching time) is a mix of optional quilting classes and a special time to just get away, enjoy the sights and sounds of northern Indiana while stitching to our hearts content. Depending on the dates, we could be in town for the Christmas tree lighting and parade. We sew, shop, eat lots of great food, spend time with old friends and make new ones!
We love being with everyone, sharing your projects, making new friends, stitching with treasured ones and are excited to invite you to the Shipshewana Quilt Retreat!
Click on one of the retreat buttons at the bottom for information on individual retreats –
Retreats will be held during February, April, August and November at the Blue Gate Garden Inn. These are the dates for the next few years:
November 11-15 (no classes this year)
February 3 – 7 / Pajama Sale Retreat
April 14 – 18 (classes with Bonnie Hunter) Bonnie has put classes on hold due to coronavirus and a final decision will be made in February.
August 4 – 8 / Antique Festival Retreat
November 10 – 14
February / Pajama Sale Retreat
April (Classes with Laura Heine)
August / Antique Festival Retreat
November (Classes with Bonnie Hunter)
- A group rate at the hotel – all you need to do is tell them you’re with Shipshewana Quilt Retreat . If you have trouble making your reservation just ask for someone in Group Hospitality.
- Each room includes iron/ironing board, coffeemaker, microwave, refrigerator, hair dryer and free wireless internet access
- A traditional Blue Gate breakfast buffet of hot/cold food and beverages, as well as personalized omelets
- Thursday, Friday and Saturday evening Pizza and Ice Cream Shop open in the lobby
- Sit around the campfire and sew outside, weather permitting
- New, beautiful hot tub and pool – open until 11 PM
- Sewing anytime, day or night – work on any project you’d like from Wed. noon – Sun. evening.
- Coffee, tea, water, snacks.
- Door prizes and maybe a game or two.
- “Show and Tell” on Saturday evening.
- Quilters Sale Table