Feb 1 – 4, 2018
There’s no better place for retreating than Shipshewana, Indiana. Nestled in Indiana Amish country, it’s the perfect place to relax, recharge and retreat. We’re excited to invite you to the Shipshewana Quilt Retreat!
The February retreat features the annual Shipshewana Pajama Sale which always takes place the first weekend in February. Spend your time stitching, knitting, crocheting, sewing, rug hooking, any craft your heart desires along with shopping and taking in all the wonderful events around town. You must make your hotel reservation by January 18th. I will release any remaining rooms in our block on Jan. 19. You can cancel your room reservation up to 24 hours before your arrival in case of bad weather.
The April retreat is our welcome to spring. The flowers begin to bloom and we have lots of time to spend with old friends and make new ones too. There aren’t any classes so you’ll get lots of time to work on whatever project you want and have time for pie and shopping too.
The November retreat is a mix of optional quilting classes and a special time to just get away, enjoy the sights and sounds of northern Indiana while stitching to our hearts content. Depending on the dates, we are in town for the Christmas tree lighting and night time parade. We sew, shop, eat lots of great food, spend time with old friends and make new ones!
We love being with everyone, sharing your projects, making new friends, stitching with treasured ones and are excited to invite you to the Shipshewana Quilt Retreat!
Click on one of the retreat buttons at the bottom for information on individual retreats –
Retreats will be held during February, April and November at the Blue Gate Garden Inn. These are the dates for the next few years:
February 1 – 4 (Reservation deadline January 18th)
April 11 – 15
November 14 – 18 (classes with Margaret Sampson-George)
January 31 – February 3
April 10 – 14
November 6 – 10 (classes with Bonnie Hunter)
January 30 – February 2
April 15 – 19
November 11-15 (classes with Di Ford Hall)
- A group rate at the hotel – all you need to do is tell them you’re with Shipshewana Quilt Retreat
- Each room includes iron/ironing board, coffeemaker, microwave, refrigerator, hair dryer and free wireless internet access
- A traditional Blue Gate breakfast buffet of hot/cold food and beverages, as well as personalized omelets
- Thursday, Friday and Saturday evening Pizza and Ice Cream Shop open in the lobby
- Sit around the campfire and sew outside, weather permitting
- New, beautiful hot tub and pool – open until 11 PM
- Sewing anytime, day or night – work on any project you’d like from Wed. noon – Sun. 8 PM (except in February when we sew from Thurs.-Sunday).
- Coffee, tea, water, snacks
- “Show and Tell”
- Quilters Sale Table