April 18 – 23, 2023
- The rooms will be set up for 1 quilter per 6-foot table. There will be quilters in the Magnolia, Empress, and Wisteria rooms.
- Sew whenever you want day or night from Tuesday at 11 am until Sunday at 5 pm!
- There is nice overhead lighting but you might want to bring an Ott Light.
- There will be ironing stations with full-size steam irons.
- There will be cutting stations with mats. Please bring your own rotary cutter and rulers.
- A Table for Snacks. You can bring snacks to share for the snack table. We all get hungry late at night. We’ll have paper plates, napkins, silverware, etc.
- A Sale Table. You can bring quilt-related items to sell. Clean out some older things from your stash and shop for new ones while you’re there!
- Door prizes
- Coffee, tea, and water will be available in the sewing room.
- If you need an iron by your sewing machine it must be one of the small travel or mini irons. We can’t use full-size irons at individual tables.
- The retreat website has a packing checklist to help you remember everything.
The number of retreat attendees is now limited to allow for social distancing in the sewing room.
Registration payments can be made using any credit/debit card.
There are no day campers. You need to stay at the Blue Gate Garden Inn to attend the retreat. A group rate has been negotiated. Please call the hotel and ask for reservations to reserve your room. Our group rate is under Shipshewana Quilt Retreat. If you have any problems please let me know.
*** Cancellations sometimes happen for a variety of reasons.
- Please make your cancellation in writing (email is fine, but if you don’t receive an acknowledgment within three business days please email again and/or send snail mail.) All cancellations are subject to a $25 processing fee.
- Cancellations 90 days before the start of the retreat will receive a full refund.
- Cancellations 89-60 days before the start of the retreat will receive a 50% refund.
- There is no refund for cancellations received less than 60 days before the start of the retreat – no exceptions and that includes Covid-19.
There will be no refunds if the event is canceled 30 days before the event due to circumstances beyond my control, such as the weather, government-mandated shutdowns, or the moon crashing into the earth……..stuff like that as a contractual obligation with the hotel will still need to be paid.
To allow for social distancing we will have a limited number of quilters in the main retreat room and 2 overflow rooms.